The idea of creating a new profession, that is the Project Manager of Integrated Report (PMIR) started as a response to the European Directive 2014/95/EU, which is addressed only to big companies, but represents an important step to raise awareness towards sustainability and the positive values brought by sustainable practices of all companies, independently from their size, entities and non-profit organizations.
An increasing number of the latter have started to implement the good practice of accompanying the balance sheet with the social balance, that is a separate document aiming at describing the attitude and the commitment of the company towards sustainability issues.
However, the design of this new professional figure is not merely connected to legislative needs brought by the European Directive, but satisfies, on the one hand, the requests of a society that is increasingly careful in evaluating the social choices and behavior of
Hence, the PMIR is able to support and lead the company through a sustainability path, which will allow the firm to improve its overall performance. The process of sustainability reporting will allow companies to identify economic, environmental and social strategic objectives and to monitor them through the selection of a clear and significant KPI (Key Performance Indicator) panel.
The new approach, summed up with the competences of the new professional figure will allow organizations to overcome the limits of the traditional financial reporting, focusing also on intangible assets and acquiring an increasing awareness of the risk factors, the opportunities and the outcomes that affect the ability of the organization to create mid-term and long-term value.
The project intends to design and train the Project Manager of Integrated Report. The new profession, thanks to ECVET methodology, will be recognized throughout Europe.
The new professional figure will have a cross-linking role between the different company’s business areas, will be able to coordinate and implement the preparation of sustainability reporting documents able to describe the company from different points of view.
Required competences will be related to business administration, in order to interpret and evaluate the balance sheet of the company, but also life skills, management, project managemet and statistics.
– Graduated in economics and engineering (in particular engineering management);
– Professionals, such as company consultants and tax advisors;
– Employees, who wish to acquire new competences and grow within the company;
– Public and private companies, small, medium and big ones, involved in different business sectors, the third sector included.
Project (3 years):
– elaboration of Need Analysis Report;
– development of Educational Platform;
– development of Webinar and MOOC.
– development of Learning Outcomes Matrix;
– online training through Webinars.
– development of Integrated Report Database of Indicators
– pilot testing e European mobility of participants
– Graduates will increase their job opportunities, thanks to the acquisition of innovative competences increasingly requested by companies;
– Professionals and employees will improve their knowledge, skills and competences related to the reporting and to the presentation of integrated sustainable processes, through the elaboration of specific data and information; they will also improve technical, managerial and organizational competences;
– Companies (small, medium, big ones, entities, non-profit organisations, banks, insurance companies) directly or indirectly involved in the project, because by hiring a Project Manager of Integrated Reporting, they will have the chance to start a knowledge process regarding their own sustainability performance, have competent and well trained staff; if they are already experienced in sustainability field, they will have the chance to improve and enlarge internal processes that concern sustainability reporting.
Project partners are connected to professional training, social inclusion of disadvantaged groups, employment policies and ICT; the group heterogeneity is important to support direct and indirect target groups’ needs.
The project will involve public institutions at local, regional and national level in the communication, dissemination and follow-up project activities, thanks to long lasting relationships that will lead to the signature of a Memorandum of Understanding.
An important contribution to the sustainability of the project results will be assured by University of Siena, who commits to:
• develop a Master addressed to professional training of organizations’ employees and newly graduated;
• integrate the MOOC with the University of Siena existing platforms.Outputs developed by the project represent ground of knowledge, experience and methodologies, common and sharable by all, in a continuous exchange of information and learning.